Life of Pi: A First Time on the Big Screen

Monday, January 28, 2013
I can’t anymore remember the exact age I first watched a movie on big screen. All I could recall is that it was Home Along da Riles the Movie on a cinema house near our home (which now turned into a haunted place). I did watch it with my mom and my 2 younger siblings. 

Last Saturday, after having lunch at my Ninang's KTV and Carwash's Grand Opening in Kawit, Cavite, we went to SM Bacoor to finally get to watch The Life of Pi. I knew it was rated GP and that the cinematography would interest kids since it includes zoo animals and sea creatures. My husband and I took a chance and decided to have Nathan join us.




Before we entered the moviehouse, I was excited and a bit anxious at the same time. I know that for a 3-year old, Nathan’s a bit young to take the moviehouse experience. I was worried he’ll get scared inside or worse, get so talkative that the other viewers will get annoyed at us. But excitement won over anxiety and by the time the movie started, Kel and I found ourselves persuading our little kid to lower his voice down. We are so glad at how the film amazed his sight and at the same time relieved that he didn’t cry inside. 

The movie was a good 2 hours and luckily, Nathan was able to stand that 2 long hours of keeping himself seated and fixed on the chair. There’s probably no easy way to tame a kid inside that dark place but to feed him sweets and junkies. Haha! An hour in a moviehouse and I could already feel his boredom, especially watching a movie he didn’t seem to understand. Just to share, mine is not your ordinary kid. He is used to watching news and telenovelas instead of the kiddie cartoons kids of his age are fond of. He knows just every character of today’s famous telenovelas and memorizes advertisement songs. 

That moment was truly precious but I had to admit that I was the one who turned cold turkey when I realized what movies are sooner I’ll be watching on big screen. Hahaha!

1 comments:

  1. Eddielli said...:

    My sister and I watched this movie and it was really great! :)

Post a Comment